Friday, October 10, 2008

"insert scream here"

Q) What do you get if you cross a spider with an elephant?
A) I'm not sure, but I think you're about to find out!
A few days ago J and I went to the park for a picnic. J very anxiously stood at the door to the garage while I finished making our lunch. He was babbling on and on about a spider in the garage while I only half listened. It's not unusual for us to have spiders around our house - usually they are just daddy-long-legs which I can handle without too much panic. After several minutes of this, I finally paid enough attention to what he was saying to know that I better go check on this spider. I almost wish I hadn't! It was HUGE...and no, I'm not just saying that because I'm terrified of spiders. You'd have thought it was too!


It was like the size of several quarters lying in a circle (I hope that makes "cents" haha!).



Of course Hubby wasn't home to kill it. I could have just ignored it and went on our walk, but I know that I never would have been able to go in our garage knowing that that monster was in there somewhere. I eventually worked up enough courage to spray it with some sort of bug killer. It got VERY angry and fell on a stool which I pulled out of the garage....and to make a long story short...it crawled off the stool and into the bushes where it died a very painful death (I know I sound harsh). At least I tell myself it's dead. Otherwise I don't think I could have any sort of sanity while outside my garage!

I would love to know what kind it was, so if you have any ideas, please feel free to fill me in! ...Did I mention that I HATE spiders?

P.S. The real answer to the joke at the top is "I'm not sure, but if you see one walking across the ceiling then run before it collapses."

6 comments:

Jen said...

My dear...it appears you have a hobo spider.

Huntsman said...

Hey it was good to hear from you. I would love to answer some of your questions but dont want to through blog do you have an email address I will email the answers to you.

Keira

Kara said...

OH MY HECK!! I would of DIED! I know that Wal Mart sells this spider stuff that I LOVE and it kills them almost instantly! OH and hair spray works wonders too! I hate spiders and refuse to kill them because that would mean contact with them!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to life in St. George! You live in the desert and bugs are a prominient part of life here! They are ugly spiders, aren't they? It's getting colder, so they are all coming out of hiding to find warm spots- like garages! I killed one outside our house yesterday as well. I would invest in some bug spray and spray it around the outside of your house. It's time for us to spray again too!

Anonymous said...

you have the cutest header! I am sorry that you have spiders. I am with you... I hate them and am Terrified of them!

Kristy said...

By the way I am totally loving your spooky music!!!

 

Olsen Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates