My Kindergartner!
Early in the summer, he attended a Pre-K class the school held for incoming kindergartners. There were some little 'incidences' with the bus that soured his opinion of school. Because of that, I was a little worried about how he'd do with kindergarten. We spent the summer talking about how K was completely different from pre-k and that it would be FANTASTIC!
So, this morning I was a little nervous. We took him in, sat him down, put his name tag on, and then he said, "you can go now mom" and that was that. We said 'bye' and went out in the hall to watch from the window for a few minutes. That's when I got teary eyed!
I knew this big milestone was coming and I was completely fine with it. I was looking forward to having some free time and it will be good for him to have daily interaction with other children. I didn't expect to cry at all. In fact, I wondered if there was something wrong with me because I wasn't that sad. But then he said....'you can go now' and I realized that he's a big boy who needs me less today then he did yesterday - tomorrow he will need me less than today. *sigh*. I also realized that this will, very likely, be the only time I get to drop off a kindergartner. I hope that I can remember every minute of it :)
Anyway...
We are SO proud of our little guy! He is very sweet, smart, and talented and I know that he will do great in school. :) Congratulations J.!

3 comments:
It is such a milestone. I totally bawled with my first. Each one has only barely gotten less emotional. She is so ready for Monday to get here. We are excited!
Loved your little story, you guys are a great family....we loved having you here and hope you will come back....thanks for playing ticket to ride with me...
What a handsome little guy!
Post a Comment